FAQ

RestCon Environmental

Call us toll free 1-888-617-3266

FacebookTwitterLinkedIn

Frequently Asked Questions - mold, exposure

mold, exposure

moldHave you been exposed?
That's a difficult question to answer. It's like asking how much sun it takes to cause sunburn. It varies from person to person. For some it takes very little exposure to cause an adverse reaction. I recently read an article about a little girl that could not be in direct sunlight. To do so would result in severe blistering. On the other hand, some people can be in the sun for long periods of time without any adverse reaction. Also, when someone is severely sunburned, he or she becomes more sensitive, in other words, it takes less exposure the next time to create the same reaction. Likewise, exposure to mold can make someone more sensitive to it. Once a person is removed from the exposure, the reactions tend to diminish. While sun is primarily a dermal exposure issue, with a potential for heat stress, adverse reactions to mold exposure can be dermal or internal due to ingestion or respiration. As a general rule, when you see mold the moisture problem needs to be resolved and the mold removed.

Contact Us

Restoration Consultants, Inc.
3284 Ramos Circle
Sacramento, CA 95827

Phone: 916.736.1100
Fax: 916.736.1134

Facebook TwitterLinkedIn

Links of Interest

The Healthy Home NetworkIf you are a member of the general public, concerned about the indoor air quality of your home (mold, chemicals, allergens, etc.) please visit our Healthy Home Network website.

 

The Cleaning and Restoration AssociationRestoration Consultants is a proud member of the Cleaning & Restoration Association.