3284 Ramos Circle, Sacramento, CA 95827 +1 (916) 736-1100 info@restcon.com

Frequently Asked Questions - mold

mold

moldMold is a naturally occurring part of a healthy ecology. It is common to find mold spores in the air both outside and inside your office or home. In fact, most of the mold that you find indoors comes from outside. The spores are carried in by the air currents and some are deposited in the interior of the building, while the bulk of the spores are carried out of the building by the same air currents.

Generally, as long as the indoor mold spore levels are no higher than outdoor levels there are few adverse reactions to the mold. However, according to the California Department of Health Services, as the amount of mold becomes more extensive or mold spore levels become elevated, it can cause allergic reactions, asthma episodes, infections, and other respiratory problems. Mold can also cause structural damage to homes.

TAGS: mold